Rules and Guidelines
- Awake each day and immediately make your bed.
- Begin your day with proper hygienic grooming (shower, brush teeth, etc.)
- You must not share personal items with other residents. Use your own brushes, combs, toiletries and towels.
- Always wear clean clothes each day. You are responsible for doing your own laundry (including clothes, bath towels, etc.)
- It is each client’s responsibility to provide their own laundry supplies and may use washer and dryer once per week only.
- You will report any suspected drugs, drug use, sexual activity or harassment to the property manager.
- You will guard and protect the confidentiality of yourself and your fellow residents at all times, whether at home or away.
- To maintain the confidentiality of patients, there will be no video or audio taping, and the use of cameras is not allowed.
- As part of the healing process you will always work toward common respect for your follow residents and each staff member (i.e. refrain from insults, violence, and emotional or sexual
- Each client is responsible for purchasing their groceries, sheets & blankets
- Television viewing is to be enjoyed only at the end of the day. Per House.
- You are required to attend your addiction recovery meetings weekly and one church services per week and attend one house meeting per week.
- Attending house and church meetings and full participation is mandatory.
- Clients must sign in with the house manager by curfew each night.
- You must obtain a Home Group and a Sponsor (You must provide a contact name and phone number), within the first week of residency, and this will be verified.
- You are required to be employed full time, and you are not permitted to quit a job without first discussing it with the house manager, (employment status will be checked on periodically)
exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
- You must pay weekly rental via paypal on the home's provided computer.
- You are required to pay first week and $100 non refundble cleaning fee upon signing of sober home rental agreement with house manager.
- You're required to meet with our theripist to be admitted to home. Sober Homes America will provide theripist and pay the fee. Residents must be referred by LCSW, Parole, Probation, Rehab Center,
- Your unit must be kept neat, with your bed made at all times, rugs vacuumed, toilet cleaned, kitchen area clean, which means absolutely no glasses, dishes, forks, knives, spoons, etc. left in the
sink at any time, and any trash disposed of in a timely manner.
- All residents will help once a week with house clean up and yard chores.
- No eating in bedrooms. No food stored in bedrooms.
- All vehicles will have current tags and insurance, and this must be verifiable. Also, there will be no storage of vehicles, and no working on vehicles on the premises.
- Bikes and other modes of transportation must be stored in the appropriate locations, and security for these is at your own cost.
- Any situation that requires police involvement must be discussed with the house manager before the police are called, (any police involvement without house manager approval will be grounds for
- There are absolutely no visitors allowed on premises without prior approval from the house manager.
- You may be requested to submit to a U/A at any time, which may include either with cause or without.
- Any resident who is aware of a rules infraction and does not notify the house manager immediately will be subject to discharge, which includes finding out later that you knew about it.
- All units are subject to inspections at any time, and any room that does not pass inspection may cause all residents in that room to be discharged.
- Smoking is not allowed in rooms or house. Outside designated area only.
- Any cooking done by residents requires mandatory immediate clean-up.
- Any delegation, directive, or request that is made by staff will then become a rule.
- Any medical conditions and/or injuries must be brought to the attention of the house manager.
- Calls to 911 for medical conditions, injuries, etc. must be approved by the house manager before calling.
- If there is an emergency, call 911, and then notify the house manager immediately.
- All rules and regulations are subject to additions and changes at the house managers discretion.
- House computer is only to be used for checking email and work related or recovery related subjects. Absolutley no videos are to be viewed on house provided computer. Xfinity Wifi Hotspot
Available. Bring your own phone.
- No fridgerators, microwaves, TVs or other electrical devices are allowed in bedrooms at anytime. No holes are to be drilled in to bedroom walls.
IMMEDIATE DISCHARGE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Possession of alcohol/drugs
- Possession of weapons
- Threats either verbal or physical, or acts of violence, fighting
- Property destruction or altering the physical construction of the premises, including interior walls
- Failure to submit a U/A (which are always at your cost)
- Unaccountable or discrepancies in times off of premises
- Lies, either found on your intake paperwork or otherwise, stealing, unusual behavior, and any criminal activity
- Failure to comply with rules and/or staff directions.
- If personal property is left behind the client has 3 days to claim or it will be disposed.
- Failure to pay weekly rents will be immediate termination and expulsion from home. No Exceptions.